Registration is now open
Check out the jazz, tap, ballet, lyrical, hip-hop, contemporary and acro jazz classes we offer!
Access the LCSD Parent Portal
Registration opens July 13th!
9:00am-12:00pm and 2:00pm-7:00pm
Safety Procedures & Protocols for Students
Before Entering the Studio:
· Daily Health Check: Parents need to monitor their dancer daily for any COVID Symptoms before sending them to the studio. If your dancer has any symptoms, please keep them home. Dancers who become ill while at the studio will be removed from class and a parent will be contacted immediately for pickup.
o Masks will be required by everyone in all common spaces (waiting areas, office, bathrooms)
o Once dancers are in the studio in their socially distanced areas, they can remove their masks if they choose.
o Instructors will continue to wear masks at all times
· Arrive on time: No more than 5 minutes early.
· Direct studio entry: Students will be asked to line up outside and enter directly into their studio. Please remember to physical distance in the parking lot areas.
· Staggered arrival /dismissal times
o Instructors will begin to welcome dancers into the building at their scheduled time, but we encourage staggered arrival times, for the first 5 minutes of class
o Dancers will be dismissed from class 5 minutes early and will exit individually to prevent congestion in waiting areas and stairways
· Arrive Ready for Class: Students are encouraged to arrive to class already dressed in their dance uniform. Washrooms will not be used as changerooms except in emergency situations.
o We encourage dancers to dress in layers and wear shirts over their dance clothing as we will leave windows and doors partially open to allow for fresh air intake
· Bring your own Water: Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to class from home. For health and safety reasons, there will be no water refill options at the studio.
· Physical Distancing
o All students will stay 2.5 meters apart at all times while dancing and there will be no contact between students and each other or students and teachers
· No Indoor Waiting Room: Parents are expected to remain outside the building. The waiting room and all common areas will be closed until further notice
· One Family at a time in the Office: Our office remains open, but we are limiting one family at a time. We encourage parents to phone or email rather than coming into the office.
While in the Studio:
Safety Procedures & Protocols Implemented by LCSD Staff
Class & Staff Safety Protocols & Procedures:
Cleaning Procedures – LCSD Safety Protocols
Our dance year (not including sessions) is based on 34 weeks. You may choose to pay tuition monthly or upfront for the year. If at any time LCSD is forced to close the physical studio due to Covid-19, dancers will be given the option to continue classes on-line via Zoom or be credited for all weeks of cancelled classes, counting by the week not by the month. For example, classes begin the week of September 14th. If we close November 22, we will bill for 10 weeks. When in-studio classes resume, your dancer will be automatically re-enrolled in their same class unless we received an official withdrawal. If you choose to withdraw your dancer for any reason other than Covid-19, LCSD requires one month written notice.
Costume and competition fees are non-refundable after November 30th, 2020. Picture and video fees are non-refundable after May 15th, 2021.
Recreational class sizes have been reduced to 8 dancers per class for pre-school and combo classes and 12 dancers per class for all other classes.
Class times will be dismissed 5 minutes early to allow teachers to sanitize the studio in-between classes (ie 60 minute classes will be 55 minutes and 45 minute classes will be 40 minutes). LCSD will follow all provincial health advisories and policies with respect to public gatherings and recreational activities.
LCSD will have zero tolerance for any ill dancer, parent or staff in the studio. That may lead to last minute class cancellation if we cannot find a substitute teacher. Cancelled classes will be made up at later date. Please ensure we have an up-to-date cell number AND a secondary number on file.
Lake Country School of Dance is Lake Country’s premiere dance studio and one of the most awarded studios in the Okanagan. We opened our doors in January of 1999 and the studio has flourished ever since. We offer recreational and competitive classes for all ages in jazz, tap, ballet, lyrical, hip-hop, contemporary and acro jazz, and are affiliated onsite with a full gymnastics program that also offers parkour and circus arts classes. Our dance season runs from September to beginning of June and we hold a spectacular year-end production at the Vernon Performing Arts Center.
We have three bright studios equipped with sub-floor dance surfaces, floor to ceiling mirrors, ballet barrs, surround sound stereo systems, and air-conditioning. Dancers have access to the 2500 square foot gym where we conduct all of our acro and tumbling classes.
We hire only quality, certified instructors who are passionate about dance and teaching children. We also bring in guest instructors and choreographers from all over North America, giving our students the opportunity to train with some of the best in the industry.
Our prices are competitive among professional studios in the Kelowna area. Please contact the studio for a price estimate so we can include all the correct multiple class and family discounts.